1. Kitchen Location. As talked about in part#1, where are you going to locate the kitchen? Is there any obstacles that may make it difficult to transport food, dishes and other items back and forth?
2. What is the prevailing wind pattern and sun exposure?
3. Will you need to provide some shelter from the wind, sun or rain? (Pergola, Gazebo,Pavilion, Plantings)
4. How are you going to get utilities from the house? (Electricity, Gas,Water)
5. Are there and drainage problems that need tobe consider?
Don’t let these questions deter from your dream outdoor kitchen, they are only things that thought out before you start your dream.
In part #3 of Designing My Outdoor Kitchen series with Richmond’s Landscaping of Cedar Rapids, will be talking about basic kitchen layout.